Internet Services Committee Report

Home Forums BOG Winter 2020 e-Meeting Internet Services Committee Report

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Francisco S Sy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Please download and review

HCE
    BOG Chair

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jose Lucena
    Participant

ISC has been busy. Kudos to both Henry T and Heny E.

With regards to the links (map, Chapters, and Committees):
    Currently the contents of those can only be setup and modified/updated by both Henry’s. Is there going to be a mechanism for the Chapter or Committee to modify/update content to those links/pages? Each Chapter can use the National website for updates such as activities that we currently get via email or Facebook.

Joel Lucena

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

As to the issue of privacy, the Internet Services Committee reports that a member will have a choice of agreeing to all information or selectively elect what is to be published. May we have a list of the information. Is it Name, Address, Age, Gender, phone, email, graduating class, Chapter affiliation, Greek Organization affiliation, and Medical Specialty.

Silverio Cabellon, Jr., MD

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

May I have the Chair of ISC respond to query of Dr. Cabellon

Dr Echiverri

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

I take note of the initiative to address the approval of grants in UPMASA.  I am aware that this initiative mainly pertained to the grant application process for the approval of projects by the Project Coordination Committee.

As you know there are two other approval processes that involve the PCC  These are student travel grants and the resident travel grants when they present research papers.

There is also the grant process for the Visiting Teachers Program and the student’s exchange grant in the Post Graduate Education and Faculty Development Committee.

I believe that the approval process for scholarships, Faculty grants, and Professorial Chairs can be addressed in the same manner.

In sum, as we are trying to get robust internet technology to support our initiatives may we have the Internet Services Committee address the items I have mentioned.

Report read

Been using the new email assigned by ISC (membership@upmasa.org) for Mem. Comm. communications.
    Papat

Henry Ty
    Keymaster

Mr. Chairman,

The plan is to have each chapter update the contents of its own chapter page. The ISC will be provide instructions on how to post, edit and use the functionalities of the chapter webpage. The Forum within the page will be important in maintaining communication among chapter members and between chapters.

The goal is to have more users be familiar with WordPress and be able to utilize the UPMASA website for effective communication among all members.

Henry Ty

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Henry Ty.

report read

Aurora Perez

Henry Ty
    Keymaster

Mr. Chairman,

The information being collected include Name, Year of Graduation, Profession (new field), Specialty, Email, Home Address, Office Address (billing address), Phone, Name of Spouse, Organization affiliation.

When an existing member logs in, a consent signature check (Y/N) is performed:
    • If signed form = N, member redirects to the user profile area where they can review and /electronic signature. This form contains two options, one of which must be checked.
    o If Yes, I give full consent is checked, all member data is displayed on member directory
    o If Yes, I give consent, but decline to have my profile published in whole or in part is selected, user then chooses to HIDE/DISPLAY one or all of the profile fields on the member directory: These options will control what is data is visible on the member directory page for this particular user. If hide name is enabled, this will be the same as HIDE ALL.

This consent/visibility check will be added to the new member registration screen as well.

Henry Ty

Anita Ortega Jongco
    Participant

Reports read. Indeed kudos to the 2 Henrys.
    I hope that retired seniors like me will be able to easily follow the instructions!

Agree with Dr. A. Jongco’s concern. Although, instructions appear to be simple and easy.

Dr. Ty, can we have a dry run of the privacy form within BOG members? Thanks

Henry Ty
    Keymaster

Mr. Chairman,

VisionFriendly is currently developing an online process for grant application. After creating a grant application account and in subsequent sign-ins, the applicant is sent to a grant dashboard. The dashboard will show pending and closed applications and a link to start a new application.
    o Start New: existing approval workflow commences –applicant submits the grant application form.
    o If a pending application is selected, the saved grant application form opens where user can make edits/changes/upload additional files.
    o If a closed application is selected, user can view (not edit) the form.
    o Dashboard will always show existing applications (closed | pending) as hyperlinks.
    o If not closed by UPMASA, an applicant can select a pending application and edit it at any time
    o Applicant can select a closed application in view only mode.
    If an applicant updates an existing application, it will not be treated as new. Instead, changes will be emailed to PCC.

Once this online process is in place, it may be used to consider student travel grants, resident travel grants, Visiting Teachers Program, the student’s exchange grant in the Post Graduate Education and Faculty Development Committee.

Dr. Cabellon is absolutely right in noting that the approval process for scholarships, Faculty grants, and Professorial Chairs can be addressed in the same manner.

Henry Ty

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

There is a project proposal from VisionFriendly with the costs of the items proposed. May I inquire of the pleasure of the Internet Services Committee as to how it should be acted upon?

Jose Lucena
    Participant

Related to Dr. Cabellon’s question, I believe ISC submitted a budget. Do we need to discuss it?

Joel Lucena

Report read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.