Medical Science Building Update

Home Forums BOG Winter 2020 e-Meeting Medical Science Building Update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Henry Echiverri 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Dr. Gopichand: Any update?
    I will chime in on the ED VA Lim later today

Henry Echiverri
    BOG Chair

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

I have been texted by the Chair of the adhoc committee on the Medical Science Building that there have been no major movements to report.

ON the ED VA Lim PEF FUND of which $100,000 is being converted into the Medical Science Building restricted PEF Maintenance Fund, where there is an agreement of 5% of its earning be given to UPMAF once the MOA and DOD are signed, to be done yearly in perpetuity. Our President and yours truly had a breakfast meeting with Dr. Rody Sy and Dr. Agnes Mejia last December drawing up the MOA. Modifications were agreed upon and the revised draft has been sent to me and approved for signing. At this point, both documents have not been signed by Dr. Ed VA Lim. I will be following up with Drs. Ed Lim, Rody Sy and Agnes Mejia on this and will hopefully close this matter before the Spring BOG meeting.

Henry Echiverri
    BOG, CHAIR

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Dr. Gopichand sent me this email that he was cc’d from Dr. Rody Sy:
    Dear Dr. Lorenzo and Billy,

Construction of our Medical Sciences Building started in late July 2019 with bored piling work done by Advanced Construction Co. with more than 30 bored piles to be installed going 40-50 meters deep. They had to stop temporarily on the last row of 6 or 7 piles due to the presence of high tension electric wires close to the line of work. We have to wait for Meralco to relocate several electric posts to transfer the high tension wires, which was eventually completed in September. Cutting off electricity in the old set of wires and energizing the new set of wires needed coordination with PGH as power had to be cut off to the hospital temporarily for ~ 8 hrs. This work had to be scheduled on a Sunday to reduce interruption to hospital operations. Unfortunately, on 3 succeeding weekends, the PGH generator did not function properly. We eventually had to rent a high capacity generator to finally get the work done on Nov 10. At this time, Advanced Construction Co. had completed the piling work and are now clearing the area and removing their heavy equipment. W. Dionisio’s group is set to bring in their equipment to do excavation work with sheet pile protection for our water reservoir and sewage treatment plan. This will continue till end of January 2020 after which DMCI will finally come in with the major construction work. DMCI promised to have substantial completion by Dec 2020 in time for our homecoming activities then.

UPMAFI is still accepting donations at this time. In case we do have excess funds, it will be kept for future maintenance of the building.

Best regards,
    Rody

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.