Membership Committee Report

Home Forums BOG Winter 2020 e-Meeting Membership Committee Report

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Winston 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Drs. Patricia Malabuyo-Ilagan and Armyn Carbonell, you have the floor on this one.

HCE
    BOG Chair

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jose Lucena
    Participant

Report noted.

Joel Lucena

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

What effect has the staggered payment have on increasing the number of paid members in UPMASA?

Silverio Cabellon, Jr., MD

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

What date has the Membership Committee decided as the deadline for the payment of dues to be eligible to vote?

Sorry had problems logging in today.

Replying to Billy:
    1.INSTALLMENT PAYMENT: so far, this hasn’t had a HUGE impact on membership since its approval (not many members are using it). There has been an increase in membership dues paid overall per our Treasurer’s report but mostly full lifetime dues. I believe this is partly due to the upgraded website, making it easier to find UPMASA and initiate membership/payment (esp. for alums 80’s onwards who use online), but there are still a few who sent checks directly to Ed and we then put them into the directory once we were alerted. I typically send a “HELLO FROM UPMASA” welcome email for any ‘new’ members.
    — On our email exchanges, Pearl tracked a list of 17 names of Annual Dues 2019 paid members –so far only two have paid for 2020 as well. Caroline tracked about 4 members total using installment annual dues x 2 years in a row (two of those were 2019/2020; the other two paid 2018/2019 but not yet for 2020).

2. ELECTION: With regards to voting eligibility, I believe Offie presented that in her previous report in TX July 2019 meeting while she was still chair of Ad Hoc Comm. for Elections (I wasn’t able to attend that meeting). I have to find the previous meeting minutes but I believe APRIL 30 OF AN ELECTION YEAR was the proposed date.
    — the date has to be compatible with CBL so that members may get their ballots (electronic) at least 60 days prior to the annual meeting (AGC)

Papat

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

To the Chairpersons of the Membership Committee:
    …deadline for the payment of dues on a given ELECTION YEar, to be eligible to vote?

Do we have an answer? In your report of annual members yearly payment for 4 consecutive years, who lapse, you gave a grace period up to March 31 to pay. For election year, you mentioned possibly April 30 to pay annual dues. Can we make these 2 dates the same in order to not get confused?

Dr. H. Echiverri

I received a copy of Ad Hoc Election report in TX from Pearl and Offie and confirm that Offie’s proposed date on her report was APRIL 30 of ELECTION YEAR.
    –> I also reviewed minutes from the TX meeting but don’t see if that date was approved/agreed upon?

Yes, we can make the ‘grace period’ for Installment Payments the same date (April 30) to keep things simple.

Papat

Report read

Mr. Chairman,
    I move to accept the Committee’s recommendation to set April 30 of the election year as the deadline to pay dues in order to be eligible to vote.

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

I second the motion if Dr. Gomez.

Can we vote now?
    Yes for me.

Lourdes Publico
    Participant

Makes sense.

Yes.

Jose Lucena
    Participant

Yes to Gerry’s motion.

Joel Lucena

Anita Ortega Jongco
    Participant

Yes for April 30 to be the deadline on election years.

I second the motion by Dr. Pinder to set April 30 of the election year as the deadline to pay dues in order to be eligible to vote.
    Norma Calderon-Panahon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.