Post Grad Education and Faculty Development: P&P Changes

Home Forums BOG Winter 2020 e-Meeting Post Grad Education and Faculty Development: P&P Changes

This topic contains 36 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Moses V. Ramos 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

The floor is open, may I request the Chairman or the President to initiate discussion.

Henry Echiverri
    Chair, BOG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Report read.
    P&P revised as of July 3, 2019 date, correct?
    – 1st PDF attachment above only showed page 1; should it be re-attached for all pages to be seen or just deleted since the initial report contains all the pages?

Thanks.
    Papat

signing in…thanks

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

This “revised” Policy and Procedures of the Post Graduate Education and Faculty Development Committee were already approved by the BOG in July 2019 when they were presented by Dr. Cecile Pasion-Bregman.

Silverio Cabellon, Jr., MD

Dear Dr. Cabellon

The admirable P&P presented by Dr. Bregman was indeed approved and initiated the laudable VTP program.

However, the new committee ran into logistical problems with the requirements within the P&P.
    For example, the length of the committment was great in principle but difficult for the younger practitioners (now mostly employed or attached to an academic center) who only would have 21 vacation days and 7 CME days per annum. These practitioners, are the “creme de la creme” of a population of teachers we wanted to attract.

Please approve the new P&P.

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

The presently submitted P&P above is the revised form. It no longer states 21 days. I just changed the date of revision to January 2020

We need a motion to approve the revision

Henry Echiverri MD
    BOG Chair

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

I move that revised Policy and Procedures of the Post Graduate Education and Faculty Development Committee specifically stipulating that the Visiting Teacher should stay at the UP/PGH for 5 days instead of 21 days be approved.

Replying to Papat:

P&P revised as of July 3, 2019 date, correct?
    – 1st PDF attachment above only showed page 1; should it be re-attached for all pages to be seen or just deleted since the initial report contains all the pages?
    Thanks.
    Papat

The word doc is complete. Only the PDF file is cut off.

Susan

Mr. Chairman,
    Am I missing the policy & procedure on the UPCM Student Exchange program in this revision? Do the UPCM Student Travel to conferences abroad & PGH Resident Travels to conferences abroad fall under this committee’s P&P too?

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Dear Dr. Pinder;

I will research the answer to your question. Or Maybe Dr. Cabellon knows the answer?

Henry Echiverri
    BOG Chair

I believe the USUHS rotations belong to the PGEDFD committee. I will ask committee to look up that part and add it to the revised one. As for the student and resident travels – that usually comes before the PCC. I do not think it is under the purview of a specific UPMASA committee. But I may be wrong.

Silverio Cabellon
    Participant

Mr. Chairman,

The funding request for the student exchange program came from the Post Graduate Education and Faculty Development Committee. Dr. Cecile Pasion Bregman led the request. Dr. Bregman requested $5000 which would cover the lodging of the 2 UPCM students at $2500 rotating at USUHS. The rest could be spent by other clerks going to other US Institutions. This is a student exchange program.

Different is the student travel grant when they present research papers. This is handled by the PCC under Dr. Jess Socrates. It has a budget of $10,000/year.

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Malaking pasasalamat sa dunong ng ating bantog na Doktor Cabellon sa kanyang panalasay ng kaibahan ng Palatuntunang Palitan ng Estudyante at sa Gawad Panglakbay ng Estudyante. Ang Gawad Panglakbay ay nasa abot ng Lupong koordinasyon ng mga Proyekto.

Ang inyong tagapangulo ng Konseho

Jose Lucena
    Participant

I second the motion to approve the revised P&P.

Joel Lucena

In the past, both Marlon and I have planned a day to teach/lecture in PGH when we went back to Manila (as well as bringing donated supplies to the endoscopy suite). We coordinated with Dr. Rody Sy, Dept of Med once (presented at Grand rounds on a topic chosen by them) and at another time gave lectures tied in with continuing education to a broader audience of attending physicians. We received certificates of appreciation for those lectures.
    Under this P&P, are we no longer allowed to teach for a duration shorter than 5 days? We usually don’t seek reimbursement but would like to grab the opportunity to teach. However, time constraints are such that we are unable to give 5 days of our entire stay (usually 7-10 days only) since we are in active practice.
    What would be our option?

Papat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.