Post Grad Education and Faculty Development: P&P Changes

Home Forums BOG Winter 2020 e-Meeting Post Grad Education and Faculty Development: P&P Changes

This topic contains 36 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Moses V. Ramos 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Edwin V Palileo
    Participant

I vote yes

Report and discussion read.
    Norma Calderon-Panahon

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

I believe the consensus is to accept the P&P revisions.

May I ask the Chairman to add P&P that pertains to the following:
    1) Student Exchange
    2) consider recognizing those going to lecture during their own visits to the UPCM and PGH. To receive the endorsement of UPMASA, either the member should send in letter to the Chair of PGEFD the topic and name and position of who invited them to provide a lecture.

These will be discussed in the Spring Face to face BOG meeting

Dr H Echiverri
    BOG Chair

Anita Ortega Jongco
    Participant

Updated P and P read- I vote YES. With stipulation as stated above by Dr. H. Echiverri.

Minor observation in the wording used- for consistency should all statements use “will” each time rather than changing from “will” to “shall” at times? See page 2- first statement and page 3 IV and V

Henry Echiverri
    Keymaster

Comment on Dr. Ortega-Jongco duly noted. Chairman PGEFD to take note.
    We will be closing this thread tonight midnight

HCE
    BOG, CHAIR

Francisco S Sy
    Participant

I support the revised P and P for UPMASA -funded Visiting Teacher program reducing the time commitment from 21 to 5 days.

The situation of Papat and Marlon Ilagan needs further discussions by the Postgraduate Education and Faculty Development Committee with UPCM and PGH. Most of our alumni are most likely in the same boat. We would like to give a 1 to 2 hour lecture when we visit our family and relatives in the Philippines. Since we are going home on our own time, we are not asking for UPMASA support. In the past we received a certificate of appreciation/recognition as a Guest Lecturer or Guest Speaker in a class or at a meeting.

Francis Sy

Moses V. Ramos
    Participant

Yes
    Moses Ramos
    Texas

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.