Chairman: Henry Ty, ’91
Henry Echiverri, ’81
Ma. Patricia Malabuyo-Ilagan, ’91
Membership Committee Chair
Jose Edgar “Joel” Lucena, ’82
Programs Committee Chair
INTERNET SERVICES Committee
AUTHORITY: 6.0407 The Internet Services Committee shall: (1) Be composed of 5 members, headed by a Chairman appointed by the president and approved by the Board of Governors The Chairman of this committee shall recommend the other 4 members and shall be approved by the Board of Governors. (2) Have a term of two years or until the next President (3) Have the following functions: (a) maintain and regularly update the official UPMASA website, (b) generate web-based administrative reports, (c) maintain online communication within the UPMASA and its component committees, (d) support the UPMASA and its committees by uploading data or announcements, (e) manage online commerce for UPMASA, (f) collection and organization of data from internet usage, (h) recommend to the Board of Governors pertinent policies and strategic initiatives for its review and endorsement, (i) and, secure the information and integrity of the aforementioned website (4) Designate a webmaster among its ranks.
PRINCIPLES: The Internet Service Committee (ISC) shall be responsible for maintaining UPMASA’s Internet presence and Website that will reflect the dynamic & cosmopolitan personalities of its members through a democratic but secular, interactive, politically correct, unbiased and secure presentation. The ISC shall (1) develop concepts, establish policies, and set priorities for UPMASA’s Internet-related projects, (2) review and evaluate specific projects at the request of the BOG and.or Executive Committee, and (3) provide guidance and support for the UPMASA committees as necessary. The Committee will work with UPMASA by providing advice and input regarding overall Internet- and website-related activities, including but not limited to, development areas, concepts, priorities, industry trends, potential advertisers, and other issues.
COMPOSITION: : There will be five (5) members, headed by a Chairman appointed by the president and approved by the Board of Governors The Chair of this committee shall recommend the other 4 members and shall be approved by the Board of Governors. A webmaster will be designated among its ranks.
During the term of Dr Jose David, automatic membership to the committee included the Chairs of Membership Committee and Programs Committee
The term of all members of the Membership Committee is co-terminus with the term of the current President which is 2 years. Any member’s term can be extended by the incoming President.
MEETINGS: The Constitution and Bylaws of UPMASA governs all standing committee meetings. To wit: 7.0302 All standing and special committees of the Society shall hold at least one meeting each calendar year at the call of the committee chair.
7.0303 A majority of the members of any standing or special committee of the Society shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the committee.
7.04 Notice of meetings of the Society, Board of Governors, or any standing or special committee shall be deemed to have been delivered if given orally, by telephone, mail electronic mail or telegram. If mailed, such notice shall be deemed to be delivered when deposited in the United States mail, addressed to a member at the address appearing in the records of the Society. 7.05 Parliamentary Procedures: Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, shall govern all meetings of the Society, the Board of Governors, and the Standing and Special Committees.
A copy of the minutes of the meetings of the committees shall be transmitted to the Secretary and President of the Society in a timely manner.
REPORTS: Interim reports by the Membership Committee are given at the Fall and Winter meeting of UPMASA, and a Yearly Report is given at the Annual Grand Conference during the summer.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: The Internet Service Committee shall be responsible for maintaining UPMASA’s Internet presence and Website that will reflect the dynamic & cosmopolitan personalities of its members through a democratic but secular, interactive, politically correct, unbiased and secure presentation.
- POSTINGS on the Website
Official documents for posting: These shall be received only from the appropriate entity (Committee Chairs relevant to the document) who shall submit the approved contents to the ISC. The ISC will look for the expressed and/or written direction of the UPMASA National President and/or the Chair of the Board of Governors to that entity, made via e-mail or other means that can be validated before finally posting the documents. Make sure that contents of posting specially photographs are not copyrighted.
Although the website shall be open to opportunities for anyone to express their opinions through its ‘comments’ features, relevant and official postings from any active but non-officer member of UPMASA should carry the approval or endorsement of one of the following:
- Chapter Presidents
- An Officer of the National UPMASA or Committee Chairs, based on the relevance of the subject
The ISC will monitor and edit the website for postings considered to be offensive or that deviates from our guiding principles. Items considered controversial by the ISC shall be brought to the BOG for adjudication during its scheduled meetings.
- During appropriate periods, Website “Admin” status will be granted to the BOG Chair or his designee to facilitate the conduction of meetings or communications and other appropriate tasks. Temporary Website “Admin” status shall also be granted, to the Membership Committee, Treasurer and Finance Committee and the Secretariat. Their status will be granted after they exhibit appropriate technical knowledge on how to manage the site.
– The ISC shall be capable of hosting e-meetings of the different committees, special groups and chapters through a forum feature in our website.
- Any Internet Issues that involves e-Commerce shall be conducted with the co-management of the Finance Committee or in situations related to AGC, through the organizing Chapter’s finance committee.
- The Internet committee will be responsible for employing the services of appropriate Technical Support Staff whose compensation will be part of the ISC Budget that will be submitted to the Board of Governors on an annual or semi-annual basis.
- The ISC will constantly update itself by coming out with any Strategic Initiatives and Innovations that improves its functions. These will be submitted to the BOG during its meetings for review, consideration and implementation.
- The ISC will monitor the internet for fraudulent use of the UPMASA trademark and brand in any non-profit fund raising activity [not sunction by the Executive Committee or PCC]. The ISC will monitor any copyright infringement.Permissions from original authors or owners should be made available to the ISC when requested.
LIST of ISC responsibilities:
Setting up the Fall e-meeting and Winter e-meeting
Entering Events in the Calendarize plug in. This is tied up to the Woo commerce that utilizes Authorize.net. Only AGC events should be linked to this (unless the new Treasurer will accept other Chapters’ fundraising commerce).
Other online commerce goes through STRIPE (donations and PEF contributions).
Posting events and Projects – specially notices about the Annual AGC
Running the MailChimp for email blasting
Running the SurveyMonkey for the Election and other tasks surveys
Running the app.grouptexting dashboard.
Coordinate the expiration of “Annual membership” by the end of Calendar year prior to the election year with the secretariat and membership committee.
Send notice to ‘Annual Members’ 1 month and 1 week before December 31: remind them of the purpose which is to update the listings and announce their chance to renew to a Lifetime Membership to become eligible to vote on the coming election year.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE Consultants: myVISIONFRIENDLY.com
Our user name: upmasanational.org
Contact: Brad Dolbeer Bradd@visionfriendly.com
Editing pages or posts or tabs requires proficiency using VISUAL BUILDER.
- Editing USER data (members)
Dashboard – all users – search name. scroll down and correct any data needed – click UPDATE
- Editing PAGES – be careful not to alter pages because some are linked to certain function.
- Editing POSTS – Dashboard, select ALL POSTS, select specific post you need to EDIT, then click UPDATE on the right hand side. Wait for pager to refresh.
SETTING UP FORUMS: Dashboard – Forum – create new forum